MIASA's view on the concept of shared value as proposed in the AMV compact
16 February, 2017
It has become essential to build a consensus on what constitutes "shared value" and "shared benefits " and how to secure a social license to operate in the 21st century.
Practical recommendations for improving Public-Private engagement for share value promotion.
- Consensus for win-win solution through shared value and share benefits.
- Short and long term strategies to help position Governments and the Private Sector for the next super cycle.
- Recommendations to improve the institutionalization of the African Mining Vision Compact.f
- Build /enhance trust between private sector and governments
- Consultations with private sector on policy proposals
- Continuous dialogue at various for a – enhance relationships
- AMV Compact principles – should de adhered t by both governments and private sector
- Private sector to participate in AMV implementation- cascading to RMV and CMV
- Process to establish Regional Mining Associations as building blocks for continental body should be completed.
- AU should encourage mineral resource countries to establish national chambers of mines – private sector interface in AMV implementation.
- MIASA as regional body is willing to assist with the formation of regional mining associations
- Governments to assist in creating certainty through stable mining regulations.
- We need to be pulling in the same direction!
Download PDF document